CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

San Francisco


Curt and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in San Francisco, Monterey, and Carmel.  It has been a few years since the two of us have taken a vacation alone together.  We had an absolute blast together.  Didn't argue once, yes not ONCE!   We slept in and enjoyed the freedom away from our children. Love them, but needed a break!  


The first night we stayed in Montery at the Hyatt.  We drove to Carmel ate dinner and walked along the beach.  

Okay, so I had to put this picture in because it makes me laugh.  I probably tried 6 times to get this picture with both of our heads in the picture.   Awww.... 
We went to the Hearst Castle in San Simeon.  I was expecting to pull up to a big house and say Wow that's cool.  I was wrong!  You pull into a parking lot and then take a bus up to the top of this hill and take a 2 hour tour.  It was really neat.  This is a picture of the guest home.  Man, I would have liked to be a guest at this place.
Behind us is the guest pool.
Here is another pool.

To get to the Hearst Castle from Montery is about a 2 hour drive along the coast.  We stopped to take this picture.  Again, me holding the camera out trying to get our faces in the picture.
Loved the jelly fish at the Montery Aquarium 
Went to the see the Dodgers and Giants play in San Francisco.  Fun game!  Curt almost caught a home run ball.  We saw ourselves on ESPN that night on one of the  highlights.  

We took a boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge.  

Passed this shop walking in Carmel. Kinda like the name of the store.  They just need to drop one t and it would be perfect!
Another cute shop with Kara's cupcakes.  Yum!

10 comments:

Katie Morgan said...

Hey Holly-
I thought about you guys on your anniversary. It's good that you got away. Who had the kids?? Our anniversary is Aug 23. We'll be down in Vegas. Mom and dad are going to watch Parker over night so Neil and I can get away. We'll probably stay at the mandalay bay. We'll have to plan a b-b-que with you guys when we're down there. Love ya! Glad you guys are doing well!!
Katie

Natalie Hansen said...

San Francisco is one of my favorite places. I have told so many people about Hearst Castle and how cool it it, but no one ever knows what I am talking about, so it is nice to know that you were able to go and enjoy it too. Looked like you guys had a great time. Congrats on 9 years!!

Love ya,
Natalie

Beebs said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm glad you had a good time and a good break! Yay!

Alyson said...

I'm a firm believer in "away time" without the kids. It's sort of like the glue to keep things together during the hectic everyday hustle and bustle.
You were right up in our neck of the woods - sorry we didn't get a chance to see you! Maybe next time!

team howey said...

I think that picture of you and Curt kissing is so funny. Trav would never pose for that! Looks like a great trip! Hope all is well.

holly said...

Katie,

My parents watched our kids.
It will be fun to see you in a few weeks!

holly said...

Curt wouldn't normally pose for a picture like that either. It was just one of those fun moments. That's why it's so funny!

MediocreMama said...

I'm so glad you guys got a vacation together. I have hopes that someday Tod and I will do the same!! Funny how we did it all the time before Lennon...now a few days of sleeping in would be like a dream come true!

Cute pictures. :)

Tiffany & Co. said...

Oh, how fun! Happy anniversary! I just love San Fran...I've always wanted to visit Hearst Castle. What a romantic little trip :)

Anonymous said...

Holly- I kept meaning to send you the "must see/do" list- but looks like you did it all!! So glad you guys had such a great time!! THose trips are so valubale when it gets to be just you and your "boyfriend"- remember those days!!??